Oftentimes, it's not possible to attend every session with your primary class and CERT instructor. As there are ongoing CERT classes held throughout the County, it's important to make efforts to complete your training by attending makeup classes.
This easy procedure should be followed when attending another CERT class to makeup hours for credit towards graduation - especially when it will be with a different instructor.
1. Locate another class - ask your current instructor for suggestions or go to County CERT Web-site at: http://fire.countyofventura.org/Community/CERT/CERTClassSchedule/tabid/98/Default.aspx
2. Contact makeup class instructor and confirm OK to attend -- this is not a requirement, but a good suggestion, so they know you're attending.
3. Print out this makeup form and take with you to class - http://fire.countyofventura.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=jZ%2flB39dHW0%3d&tabid=98
4. Introduce yourself upon arrival at class.
5. Ensure you have makeup instructor fill out bottom of form
6. Return makeup form to your primary CERT instructor to be processed for credit
Welcome to Ojai Valley CERT
THIS WEB-SITE HAS BEEN ARCHIVED.
PLEASE GO TO HTTP://OJAIVALLEYCERT.ORG
This blog provides information to those interested in CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) activities in The Ojai Valley, CA. CERT works in partnership with OVARC (Ojai Valley Amateur Radio Club) which provides Ham Radio Communications - http://www.ovarc.org/.
http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert is a good place to begin learning about CERT. The fact is, immediately after a major disaster, each of us will be on our own while Emergency Services Personnel (Fire, Hospital, Police, Hospitals, etc) figure out what happened and how to respond. CERT teaches valuable self-preservation skills and empowers each of us to be of service to ourselves, family, neighborhood and community. By integrating CERT with Ham Radio, citizens can effectively communicate actionable information from the field to the Emergency Operations Center -- help will be on the way sooner.
Please check out the CERT Calendar & Map at the bottom of this web-page and sign our Guestbook (top right of page).